The Witnesses to the Deity of Christ
Click Here for the Full Sermon
A. The four witnesses to the deity of Christ.
1. The witness of John the Baptist.
2. The witness of the works of Christ.
3. The witness of the Father.
4. The witness of scripture.
B. Accountability for rejecting the truth.
1. Chorazin and Bethsaida Matt 11:20-24.
2. Promised land Numbers 13-14.
3. The witnesses that were rejected in the wilderness Numbers 14:22.
a. The glory of God shining in their very presence.
b. The testimony of God via signs, plagues, and miracles.
c. The testimonies of the spies Joshua and Caleb.
d. The testimonies of their leaders Moses and Aaron.
II. The testimonies of the four witnesses Deuteronomy 19:15.
A. The witness of John the Baptist John 5:33-35; 1:6-8, 23, 34; Matt 3:16-17.
B. The witness of the works of Christ John 5:36; John 5:19-20.
1. First sign Water to wine John 2:1-11.
2. Second sign Heals officials son John 4:43-54.
3. Third sign Heals paralytic John 5:1-15.
4. Fourth sign Feeds 5,000 John 6:1-15, 25-29.
5. Fifth sign Walks on water John 6:16-21.
6. Sixth sign Heals blind man John 9
7. Seventh sign Resurrects Lazarus John 11:1-44.
C. The witness of the Father John 5:37-38.
1. Seeing the Father through Christ John 1:18, 14:8-11; Col 2:9; John 3:11-13.
2. Hearing the Father through Christ John 10:25-30.
D. The witness of scripture John 5:39-40.
1. Bethlehem Micah 5:21.
2. One like Moses Deut 18:15.
III. Consequences of rejecting the four witnesses.
A. You will submit to the wrong lord John 5:41-43.
B. You will live for the wrong goals John 5:44.
C. You will rely on the wrong hope John 5:45-47; Rom 2:17-24; Heb 9:27.